Virkon Disinfectant 500g Shaker Pack
Rely+On™ Virkon™ Disinfectant Powder 50gm packets make up 5 litres of Virkon Disinfectant. Ideal for single use applications. Activates within 5 minutes & is viable for up to 5 days.
Virkon is a multi-purpose disinfectant for hard surfaces in health care, laboratory, food production facilities and public environments. Virkon is proven effective against viral, bacterial and fungal pathogens of interest to infection control, including HIV, hepatitis B and C, MRSA, VRE and Salmonella.
The 500gm bottle of Rely+On™ Virkon Disinfectant Powder makes up approx 50 litres of Virkon Disinfectant.
- Ideal for body fluid spillages. Virkon powder can be added to urine or other body fluids directly for rapid disinfection. Also ideal for routine, preventative cleaning.
- Safe and simple to use - not classified as harmful to the user. It has a low acute toxicity, does not cause skin corrosion, does not cause sensitisation and is biodegradable.
- Once placed in water, becomes a pink solution which is activated within 5 minutes. Built-in colour indicator of strength and use life up to five days after activation (1:100 solution).
- Virkon is effective at killing 99.999% of microorganisms in less than 10 minutes.
- Solution can be applied to surfaces using a spray bottle, sponge, mop etc. Any items that need disinfecting (not medical devices) can be submerged in Virkon solution and rinsed afterwards.
- Proven effective against all major pathogens known to man and a wide range of antibiotic-resistant strains. After independent testing, also proven effective against:
- 300 strains/clinical isolates from 76 bacteria
- 47 strains/clinical isolates from 35 viruses
- 45 strains/clinical isolates from 17 fungi
- The 500gm Virkon powder shelf life is 3 years from date of manufacture.